GO GEORGE is once again calling on the community to refrain from using the bus service if there is any possibility of making alternative arrangements. Public transport remains a high-risk environment for spreading the Covid-19 virus among the elderly, children and frail people. Please help elderly and other frail people to stay home by offering to do their shopping, or giving them a ride to medical facilities when needed, and do not take your children along when leaving home.
While monitoring demand and capacity on the reduced service routes which are being operated in line with Government directives, all operational routes have been scheduled to depart at 05:00 up until now. However, based on demand of essential services staff, it has now been decided to adapt start of service in the morning, as well as cutting one route and decreasing service on another.
From tomorrow, 9 April 2020:
- The first morning trip on all routes except 1E and 15, will depart at 05:30.
- Route 1E Pacaltsdorp – CBD will still depart at 05:00 and 05:40.
- Route 15 Parkdene – CBD will still depart at 05:00.
- Route 9 Industrial Loop will stop operating on Sundays, and will cut the afternoon shift on Saturdays.
- Route 1C Protea – CBD will be cut.
Our reduced service schedule focused on essential services staff, from Thursday 9 April, summarised as follows:
05:30 – 10:00 | departing every 30 minutes
Except for Routes 1E and 15 (05:00), first buses will depart from 05:30, with last buses departing at 09:00 from departure points in Pacaltsdorp, Parkdene, Rosemoor and Blanco, and 09:30 from the CBD.
16:00 – 20:00 | departing every 30 minutes
First buses will depart from 16:00, with last buses departing at 19:00 from departure points in Pacaltsdorp, Parkdene, Rosemoor and Blanco, and 19:30 from the CBD.
- 1A New Daw Park-CBD – departing from Protea
- 1B Harmony Park-CBD – departing from Protea
- 1E Pacaltsdorp-CBD – departing from Cantley stop, 05:00 and 05:40 only
- 60 Rosedale-CBD – departing from Eve stop
- 60A Syferfontein-Rosedale-CBD – hourly, departing from Battalion stop
- 2 Blanco-CBD – departing from Blanco triangle
- 7 CBD-Mall – departing from the Garden Route Mall
- 9-Industrial Loop – Monday to Saturday, departing from the Transport Hub
- 15 Parkdene-CBD – departing from Parkdene High stop
- 53 Rosemoor-CBD – departing from the Garden Route Mall
- Route 12 Pacaltsdorp-Mall – departing from the Garden Route Mall
- Route 16 Parkdene-Mall – departing from the Garden Route Mall