Details of times, routes and payment methods
GO GEORGE will be providing a reduced service on most of their main routes, focused on essential services staff. This will be from 05:00 – 09:00 and 16:00 – 20:00 daily, as instructed by the Minister of Transport last night.
Two large buses will be scheduled on each of the following main-line routes, departing half-hourly from their main terminals, starting at 05:00 in the morning and 16:00 in the afternoon. The last buses will depart from the CBD at 08:30 on the morning shift, and at 19:00 in the evening.
• 1A New Daw Park-CBD – departing from Protea
• 1B Harmony Park-CBD – departing from Protea
• 60A Syferfontein-Rosedale-CBD – departing from Battalion stop
• 2 Blanco-CBD – departing from Blanco triangle
• 7 CBD-Mall – departing from the Garden Route Mall
• 9-Industrial Loop – departing from the Transport Hub at 05:30 in the morning
• 15 Parkdene-CBD – departing from Parkdene High stop
• 53B Rosemoor-CBD (express) – departing from the Garden Route Mall
To limit the number of passengers on each bus, no standing passengers will be allowed. Passengers are requested to keep one seat open next to them, and to rather wait for the next bus that will arrive in 30 minutes to keep as much space as possible between passengers.
All Smart Card kiosk will be closed. Passengers who have cards, should use their Smart Cards and top up before lockdown as far as possible. Certain top-up vendors will fall under essential service providers and will still do top-ups during the lockdown. Cash trips on board will be allowed, but everybody should try to avoid handling cash at all cost and sanitise or wash their hands afterwards.
All GO GEORGE info kiosks will be closed. The Call Centre will be operational from 05:00 until 20:00 daily and can be phoned on 0800 044 044. The latest updates regarding service will be available on the GO GEORGE Facebook page and here on our website.